• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blowholes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kdog154

The inside front of my case has spots for 4 80mm fans. All have blowholes behind them and then the outside case cover (which has about 20 holes in the bottom of it). I installed 4 80mm fans in the 4 spots and realized that the fans are not blowing a lot (if any) air into the case. There is about a 80mm fans thickness b/t the blowholes and the outside cover. These leads me to my question:

If I cut the blowholes out, will the fans push out more air inside my case?

:mad:

Hmmm....a pic or diagram might help try to explain what you are saying. I can try to help if I had one because I don't fully understand what you're saying.

I think he means the fan spot cover things. With the costrictive little holes. Yes, cut those damn things out, those are teh scourge of air cooling.

22.jpg

That is the 4 spots for the fans. And those are the little blowholes.

Now the space b/t the blowholes and the front cover is about an inch and a half apart.

Last edited:
Okay I just ordered one of those 'nibbler' things to cut these holes. I hope I can feel a big difference once it's done.

Kdog154 said:
Is there a way to make the holes in the front cover bigger?

you mean for bigger fans?

sure, just mark where you want to put the fans and cut out a hole disregarding the current markings.

Just make sure the holes to screw in the fans line up with current holes, otherwise you may have a problem.

Grab the RTX and cut those bad boys out, I noticed a 5c diff on my CPU and Board temps. Having those grills on there is like trying to breath through a straw, not good.

so you just trace your bigger fan over it and mark all appropriate holes? I've been looking at a case with all 80mm fans, i wanna put in one big 120mm fan to pump in a ton of air.

Only thing I figure is that the air flow still isn't going to be good since the front cover only has a few little holes at the bottom.

Back