• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

92mm tornados..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlucardCasull

anyone got one? Ill be upgrading from a volcano 7+ (a whoopin 77dba) and wanted to know how loud the 92mm tornado is. the 80 is a hot 55, so im hopin itll be lower...thanks for the info

AlucardCasull said:
anyone got one? Ill be upgrading from a volcano 7+ (a whoopin 77dba) and wanted to know how loud the 92mm tornado is. the 80 is a hot 55, so im hopin itll be lower...thanks for the info

ppl say its even more anoying than the 80mm one, but if you put it on a reo it is the best performing one with low noise... give it a try

I've got one.. I don't have one an 80mm for comparison but I can tell you that this fan is LOUD and fairly high pitched. If I can get my mic working and I can remember tomorrow I'll try and get a sound file for ya..

80 is 55.4 dbA and it pumps 84CFM and the 92 is 56.2dbA and pumps 11CFM. the 92 is almost t decible higher but pumps 27CFM more! that's like another freakin fan. I wanna get a SLK-900 and put a 92 tornado on it...what a beast.

Cypress said:
80 is 55.4 dbA and it pumps 84CFM and the 92 is 56.2dbA and pumps 11CFM. the 92 is almost t decible higher but pumps 27CFM more! that's like another freakin fan. I wanna get a SLK-900 and put a 92 tornado on it...what a beast.

I have an slk-900, and I have a 92mm tornado on the way.....;)

loud, id take the zalman CNPS with a dead silent performance and great o/c over that crud anyday :p

Extremely loud... Someone told me you could levitate a CD with it, I tried it, and it actually did. I would not get without some form of fan control....

I have both of what you have (look at sig). My deltas are the same thing as tornados but with a 3 pin connector instead of a 4 pin. I have them hooked up to a nexus so they don't bother me. The V7+ is no where near 77dba, in fact once I close the side of my case it cuts down the noise a good bit (about 7 dba). If I were you, I would find a good deal on ebay like I did. At $5 a piece I couldn't resist and if you buy from a store they will probably not take them back due to noise.

i have a v7+, its a ystech 70mm fan rated at 49cfm and 47dba. i also have a 92mm tornado that is considerably louder than the v7+. later today i will be modding a 50cfm(37dba) 92mm fan to my v7+ heatsink with some scrap metal i have in the garage. ill let ya know if its worth doing

i have an 80mm one, i put a rheo on it but the "noise" doesn't really bother me. its sounds like a small hairdryer as best as i can describe. also, i put some rubber bushings on it and it seemed to make it more quiet.

steve75382 said:
Extremely loud... Someone told me you could levitate a CD with it, I tried it, and it actually did. I would not get without some form of fan control....

my thoughts exactly, i have a 80mm tornado right now just because i wanted a nexus multipanel. Yes its a bit noisy even at lowest speed but i can bare it and even sleep if i have a pillow in my ears. The best thing about the 92mm tornados is its wideness, so even though they are a bit noisy at low speeds, they will definitely push more air than any other at the same speed

Cypress said:

it's 113CFM, sorry about the typo

anyway, i have no problem with the noise. Some people might get upset about it, but i listen to music anyway so i really won't hear it. I personally would rather have the cooling than it being quiet.

Back