• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rasing fsb prob!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BUBBLE

Hi guys,

I've raised my fsb to 139MHz and it seems to be ok but when i get to 140MHZ the the windows 2000 BSOD. so most of the times in the forums it mention u can go up to 160,170 and like that but for me it's a dream. Anyway my mobo is a ga7vaxp and processor is xp2000+ throughbird(no idea what this t-bread means lol) and also my mem is 256mb pc 2100.
So is my mem is the bottleneck here? i've already raised me multi to 12.5 to 13! So if you guys have good suggestions pls let me know.:D

You could try putting the multi back a little more and going higher on the FSB, remember FSB x multi = CPU speed. I'm not sure of the o/c of the 2000+ but it may not be enough to hold the CPU clock speed you are trying for. The 2100 ram will hold you back some but you may be able to squeeze out a little more speed. Good luck.

Depends on what core your 2000 has, if its a Pally then 1800MHz is about what to expect, if its a T/Bred A then up to 2gig and a B is possibly up to 2.2Gig.
I would think by what you are getting at the moment its a Pally you have.

As wannaoc says you need to drop the multi down a bit to get the FSB higher, and with 266DDR you will be pushing it to get to 166FSB.

BTW what Rev of the mobo do you have?

Hood

OOPS just noticed you say its a throughbird, I presume you mean a ThoroughBred (T/Bred)

my mobo info

Hey HOOD,

My mobo is a gigabyte 7VAXP rev 1.2 with f13 bios. It's good mobo to be despite of the MSI one I had one month ago. Still keeping that msi one to further checkup for heat problems. So i'll try that lowering the multi and rasing the fsb thing. thanks for the comments for all of you.:rolleyes:

Back