• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X-Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[M0F0]

Registered
hi guys

now i have a problem with my memory

i can't run it @ anything Higher then 133

i tried it with my old 2000+ and i could run it @ 144 when my cpu was @ 144

but nothing like 166 / 200

my ram is 2x 256 3200 Legend

i've now got a Barton 2800+ 166 fsb but the memory won't run that high

so its 166 fsb / 133 mem

my board is rev 1.04 but it did the same on my 1.06 b4 it died

i'm putting it down to my ram not being certified by asus

coz my dad and a mate both can get 166 and 200 on their ABIT IC7's

so that must indicate that the rams fine

any ideas??

cheers

i use the auto memory timings what turn out to be like 9 - 4 - 4 - 2.5 and it doesn't do anything

i've even gone down to cas 3 no go

12.5 is the default multiplier

i was overclocking and brought it down to 11.5 and used 200 fsb

but atm i'm running it @ default

I'd change the setting for your fsb to "custom" so you can change it incrementally instead of only having the options 100, 133, 166, 200. And, you may find it better for now to set your RAM timings to "optimal". Then loosen them up later, if needed.

For now my system seems stable at 13 x 160 with the vCore at 1.750. I can't boot using my lower multiplyers and my generic PC3200 apparently doesn't like a high fsb with this A7N8X mobo.

Last edited:
You've probably done this but do you have you raised the memory voltage to the max? I have Kingston value ram, not the best for oc'ing but I had a time with it til I maxed the voltage out. And from what I've heard PC3200 runs best with atleast 1.6 volts even without oc'ing. I'm not a pro but just trying to help.

2.6v is normal running voltage

2.8 is max on my board, but its safe to run it at this voltage

and it helps with stability on mine

3200+ and the Delux Board

Im having freeze/lockups just trying to put an OS on the A7N8X-Deluxe (rev 2.00) with the 3200+ processor... two 512 sticks of Corsair pc3200 400mhz DDR
Ive already properly flashed the bios for the 400 FSB upgrade which allows the 3200+ to show up on startup (bios set to 200mhz x 11.0)
The memory however, shows only 200mhz DUAL CHANNEL. Nothing i do makes it show up as 400mhz DUAL CHANNEL.
I tried the ABIT board before this one... and got an Operating system and chipset installed, but it locked up a ton of times.. rendering it useless.... I check the abit site just to double check, and it doesnt even show that abit board supports 400 FSB (however they also have a bios update thats supposed to correct it... which i had applied prior to that install)
So now im left with this $499.00 barton CPU and all the other crap till i can find out WTF is wrong.... anyone out there can shed some light on this for me?

Last edited:
Re: 3200+ and the Delux Board

Harlon said:
Im having freeze/lockups just trying to put an OS on the A7N8X-Deluxe (rev 2.00) with the 3200+ processor... two 512 sticks of Corsair pc3200 400mhz DDR
Ive already properly flashed the bios for the 400 FSB upgrade which allows the 3200+ to show up on startup (bios set to 200mhz x 11.0)
The memory however, shows only 200mhz DUAL CHANNEL. Nothing i do makes it show up as 400mhz DUAL CHANNEL.
I tried the ABIT board before this one... and got an Operating system and chipset installed, but it locked up a ton of times.. rendering it useless.... I check the abit site just to double check, and it doesnt even show that abit board supports 400 FSB (however they also have a bios update thats supposed to correct it... which i had applied prior to that install)
So now im left with this $499.00 barton CPU and all the other crap till i can find out WTF is wrong.... anyone out there can shed some light on this for me?

lols 200mhz dual channel is DDR guy, you are infact running 400mhz

$499 u in Australia or New zealand ?

i paid $388 for my 2800+ with 3 years warranty

i'm in Nz

but my guess would be

try setting ur Memory down to 133 and your FSB up to 200

i have the same problem,

i think its due to my ram modules not being certified

what are ur ram modules btw ??

I bought the 3200+... not the 2800+
As for the 200 mhz being 400 with dual channel... when i had the Abit board, it showed up as 400mhz DDR dual channel... /shrug
Why would a 400 mhz stick of ram show up as 200 mhz (dual channel or not) ?
Ill try the memory tweak and see what happens... ugh... what a pain

As for my ram Modules, I originally had the pc3500 mushkins, but the specs on the board showed that it only supports 3200.. and with the errors i was having i swapped them...

Ohh and Thanks for the greeting 1Time :)

it comes up as 200 because it shows u the figures how they are

DDR is double, but the bios works with it b4 it doubles

if u get in windows use something like sisoft sandra

and it will show u 200 FSB (400 Double data rate)

and i know u brought the 3200+ i was wondering if it was that cheap over here... coz i would've got 1

Sorry about my last post. I meant 1.7 for a good PC3200 mem. voltage. I don't mess around with the BIOS as much as I used to now that I got my oc set where I want.

ROFLMAO

Well... after returning all the AMD 3200 stuff.... memory mobo and CPU, i ended up getting the P4 2.8 with HT and 800 mhz FSB

I realized later after alot of research, that the moron ( or maybe im the real moron) who sold me the thermal compound actually sold me a two tube set of thermal ADHESIVE!!!

So basically the lockups were caused by heat when the processor began installing the Operating system...

Fortunately, i was able to return the fried $499.99 CPU !

Thanks for the feedback ... now... how to overclock my AMD 1900+ ?
:)

How cool you (Harlon), tried the intel now overclock it! you should be atleast able to hit 3200mhz out of it. As far as overclocking your 1900+ what is it? A T-bred or a Pally and what stepping then I'm sure someone can tell you how to overclock it or atleast if its possible. Heres my two cents with awhole lotta less money a 1700+ DLT3C would spank your intel and you could of set up the RAID on your DELUXE with the cash u saved (overclocked of course) hell you might of even been able to get Raptor drives.... RESEARCH,RESEARCH,RESEARCH and did you know a 2.4C (800) can out clock your current 2.8c and its alot less money (140 or so )

Back