• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delta Ultra 400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

One1world

Registered
What does this mean. From tomshardware.com

"The nForce2 400 is leaner with respect to its features, but it is also technically based on the well-known nForce2 family. To cater to the cost pressure exerted by the mass market, this version dispenses with the dual-channel memory interface - thereby rendering a simple and more cost-effective configuration of features with DDR266, DDR333 or DDR400 possible. It is also possible to use the simpler Southbridge MCP instead of the fully equipped MCP-T version. As such, NVIDIA is clearly targeting VIA, since the Taiwanese continue to dominate the Athlon market with KT266A, KT333 and KT400/A. "

is the delta no longer dual channel like the k7n2-L ??

So would it be better to go for its predecessor (sp?) ??

Quote from x-bit labs

"The nForce2 Ultra 400 SPP for enthusiast supports 200, 266, 333 and 400MHz FSB, up to 3GB of dual-channel PC2100, PC2700 or PC3200 DDR SDRAM memory, AGP 8x and has no integrated GeForce4 MX graphics. The same applies to the nForce2 400, however, this mainstream chipset does not support dual-channel memory and is targeted on the different segment of the market. As we revealed earlier, nForce2 Ultra 400 and nForce2 400 are presumably pin-to-pin compatible."

Cool, Thx bud. But why they say it doesn't, or am I reading it wrong??

Yo, MSI K7N2-Delta-ILSR nForce2 Ultra 400 3DDR-DIMM 5PCI LAN Audio SATA Raid SocketA ATX is my mobo... will the dual channel only work in 1/3 and 3/3 slots? thanks...//rico

Bengan said:
Yo, MSI K7N2-Delta-ILSR nForce2 Ultra 400 3DDR-DIMM 5PCI LAN Audio SATA Raid SocketA ATX is my mobo... will the dual channel only work in 1/3 and 3/3 slots? thanks...//rico

As it is my board also, only slots 1&3 and 2&3 will enable dual ddr mode and the ram also has to be the same size as each other

Oh yeah also with the new bios/driver updates it tells you if you are in single channel or dual channel when you start your computer up! =)

Back