• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soltek SL-75FRN2 onboard sound, crappy? whats going on? Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCluva

I replaced my girlfreinds P.O.S Genius sound maker Sound card with mine (Creative) the other day, so that she could have some sweet Nascar sounds durring our network races:burn:. No probs there, the V8s sounded just as good as they did on my machine. I thought that the onboard sound on the Soltek SL-75FRN2 would be "not to bad", at least until I can raise some bling to get a new creative

Problim: When I setup to play on my system everything turned to crud. The sound was a joke! The cars sounded like they had just sucked down some hellium! The engine sounds were reving way to fast. At first I thought "oh its the game" coz music sounds sh*t hot, but then battelfield 1942 had the same problim:mad:

If I turn down the hardware acceleration in windows, to like, none it sounds normal but the CPU is taxed severly and there is a big delay in the sound reactions!

I cant find any info about this problim, anywhere! And yes I did a reformat and checked for conflicts but still have the same problim

Help!!!!!!:( :( :bang head

Unfortunately your Soltek does not have the Soundstorm like some more expensive Nforce2-boards. My brother has FRN2-L and he said that it's really bad compared to Live!.

Sounds like something is seriously wrong. The Soltek board DOES use the NForce2 audio controller present in the Southbridge, but chooses to use the Realtek ALC650 codec instead of the Soundstorm codecs.

I have no problem at all, and think the sound on my Soltek is damn good.

You may want to try downloading the drivers for Realtek's ALC650 chip. http://www.realtek.com.tw, the actual driver is listed under "Realtek ALC650 codec"

Back