• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a push in the right direction

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

Ok, well water cooling has been my alltime favorite hobbie since I started almost a year ago ( and I have had many hobbies). Yesterday I finaly got my new system up and running after a week of building (mostly waiting for parts in mail) I was sure that this time it would be solid. My last two times wern't failiers but this time I have my water at -20c and condensation is killing me.

I followed the phasechange.com guide. My main problem is the water block, a maze 3. It sweats like nobodys bussiness and -20c. I use amaraflex insulation tape all around the block, sides, tops everywhere except the bottem where I coated it in dielectric grease. My hoses are sealed with insulation tape but the metal clamps on the outside of the tape are still sweating! A lone drop fell from them and blew my dads cheapy video card ( thank God I didn't have my new 5900 in (it comes tomorrow) and my dads card is just a geforce2mx easliy replaceable. As I took my comp aside and check it out with a flashlight I could see that water was making its way through the amralex insulation tape at the places where two piceces connected. This didn't get to the motherboard becuaseI found it soon enough. Its a brandnew Nf7-s

I have documented pictures of the whole process but I have no where to store them online. Could someone point me in the right direction to some picture hosting? I dont really know what to do right now, should I call it quits until I have a steady job and downgrade to ambient water temps or should I grab my vantec areoflow and give up? Should I have coated the entire WB in silicone? or should I have mad that box like in the phasechange guide? Any help would be appriciated. thx for reading

d00d...i am going to be making a waterchiller in the next few days - dont give up on ur -20*C, because if u do, that might feel that my own project is doomed. I too am wondering about insulation - I was thinking that I should buy some "Liquid Electrical Tape" it seems better than silicon goo. Or i was thinking of silicon spray, comes in airasol, or however that is spelled. Seing as I am just starting, i want to do it all right the first time. So, I shall prolly pick up some silicon spray, and coat the whole mobo - top of video card (GF4 Ti) and ram. Since I am also doing the northbridge ^_^. I am planning on whacking my A7N8x DX to 230 (460) FSB, i would love to get to the maximum of 500FSB O_O...that would own...:drool:

yeah that sweating problem sux... what i did was to keep on wrapping and wrapping untill the blocks and lines are huge. plus get some Konform SR (comformal coating) to spray on the mobo and vid card. youve come way too far to simply give up lol. you mite go back to stanard watercooling for awhile but like me itll eat at ya until you dive back into phase change head first :D you know as well as i do after youve gone below 0c theres no turning back, only different ways of doing things. good luck and keep us posted

Back