• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S v2.0 Installation Checklist

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ge|atinousFury

I received my BRAND SPANKING NEW nf7-s v2.0 today and I know I need to update some drivers along with the bios. The problem is, I need to know which ones and in what order. So, here we go.......here's what I know to do so far. Please add to it and feel free to arrange them in the proper order (if applicable). I won't be using a RAID setup, if it matters.

-DISABLE APIC before installing operating system
-Install latest 1.4 bios
-Update Nforce2 drivers? (If so, where do I get these?)

Do I need to do anything else to maximize the stability of this board? I'm almost sure I'm missing something...

Last edited:
OK, I've now done this 4 times with my same MB.

1) Flash 1.4
2) disable APIC and set any other non oc related bios options you want (bios shadowing for example)
3) Install windows
4) Install network driver (only) from Abit CD *
5) Use Windows Update to install SP1 *
6) Install nForce reference drivers from nvidia.com
7) load everything else / start to OC!

*If you have SP1 locally, just install that instead

For OC stability, start with agressive memory timings and underclocked CPU speed (lower multiplier). Raise the FSB (ratio 1:1) slowly to OC the system until you start getting errors, testing with memtest86 each time. Once you determine your top stable FSB, you can increase your voltage by .1 and try pushing it again until you find your max top FSB.

STart with the CPU. Raise the multiplier on the CPU until you find the max CPU speed, testing with prime. Raise the voltage by .25 increments to stabilize your CPU until you get to a point where your temps get to high (I don't like getting higher than 45C at full load).

Good Luck!

Back