• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

227+fsb at last

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woody29

manage to get hold of old pc with amd 350mhz cpu for free.
anyhow i whipped out the heatsink with fan and the north bridge heatsink too.
replaced the abit north bridge heatsink/fan with the old amd heatsink and stuck the other heatsink on my southbridge.

on the northbridge i use a plastic zip tie (which i see someone do in this forum) with as3, the other heatsink still had the sticky stuff still on and it stuck straight onto the southbridge.
with the chipset voltage @1.6 i can run prime with full stability at 229x10 with 1.7 vcore
before this the board would boot but when i ran prime the dam thing would just freeze or 3dmark would just cause a reboot.

well if anyone has any really old pc sitting around collecting dust, well pull it apart get those heatsinks off

Or you could buy a 1U Copper Server 'Sink for ~£10, That's what my plan is when The board's out of warranty.

XxxexcelsiorxxX said:
awsome o/c :thup: i wish i could get 227 fsb!! that about my fsb ddr!!! well, not really im at 133.
thanks....

i am able to run it at 230x10 now, but had to up the chipset voltage to the max at 1.7v. and the vcore still at 1.7v
the temps are- case 24c, idle 34.5c and load 40c (1.4bios)
strange though my case seem to be the same as the room temps on idle always. i'd thought would be at least a little hotter and the case is always closed to keep it as queit as pos. anyhow i just wish i know how to post some pics, it looks quite cool with that heatsink on the NB.

Back