• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help needed with 8RDA+ FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YviE

My friend's system is the following :

8RDA+
Barton 2500+
512Mb OCZ PC3200 Rev.2 CAS2
ATI 9100
Audigy
120Go GXP 8mb
etc.

He can't get passed 195Mhz FSB, even at relaxed timings.
The northbridge is an A3 revision.

Does anyone have an A3 revision that gets passed 195-200Mhz?

Do you guys have any tips?

Thanx in advance! :)

Happy overclocking!

He probably needs better cooling and maybe a vdd mod. Get active cooling for the NB or lap the stock heatsink and put a fan on it. Put heatsinks on the Mosfets and SB, try taking off the FSB jumper too. Check out www.8rdafaq.com & www.8rda.com for some info on stuff.
I have heard that A3 is better than A2 and i have an A2.

All of my A3's sucked no matter what mods I did to it...193 in DC was the max it was stable...even when running a VDD mod...all that did was make it stable enough and just long enough to get a few 3d benchies in and then back down to 193...

glock19owner said:
All of my A3's sucked no matter what mods I did to it...193 in DC was the max it was stable...even when running a VDD mod...all that did was make it stable enough and just long enough to get a few 3d benchies in and then back down to 193...

I see ... I don't think he's going to like those answers!

So even a Vmod didn't help you, then there isn't very much left to do, is there?

Well thanx for your replies, i appreciate the help! :cool:

Back