• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Too hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AmdPopper

Registered
I have a athlon 1333 ghz at stock speed it is running at 60 C with no problems its heating up this room A LOT though. Is 60 C too hot? its like 140 F. It has a thermal take volcano 7 on it and arctic silver. Should I put new thermal goop on it? Or is 60 C fine?

Also how should I go about cutting Fan holes? I have a dremal but I don't think a little cutting wheel is the right choice.

Thanks

if it runs without any problems then I wouldn't really worry about 60c since you are not OCed...the max temp is 95c for the Tbirds...

To cut blowholes...hole saws are the best...

That temp is a tad to high for my taste.
I used the Volcano 7 on a 1.2 T-Bird and it ran hot although not as high as 60C.
The sensor for the fan on the V7 is useless. What I did is change the fan to a Smart Fan II with the probe thermal taped to the bottom center of the processor.
It now runs at 40C at idle, 45C with a load.
It did run 50C under load when I had it over clocked to 1466mghz.
Keep in mind; my case has an adjustable pre-made (factory) side duct for the processors HSF so it gets fresh air all the time. (http://www.apextechusa.com/proddetail.asp?itemtype=case&id=115)
I also have a 2100+ with an SLK-800(A) and a Smart Fan II and it runs just as cool (if not cooler) than the T-Bird…………. without a duct.
I will get an SLK-800(A) for the T-Bird…………….. Hopefully very soon.
Laters.

The temps is 100% fine.

FIRST THINGS FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's getting reported higher than it really is. You people should know better and say so before yous tart giving options...

DUH, don't cost people money or cause them worry before they realise they're getting reported high anyways...

It's blatently obvious he's getting reported atleast some what high... I'd expect more around 50-55C range. That thing would be unstable at a real 60C.

*If you're not locking you're fine.*

AT the most swap hsf's or cut yourself a blowhole/duct mod.

BTW a last thought is if you're computer is heating up the room so much, might be time to turn the A/C on somewhat. ;)

yes the temps are fine..... but still, I would buy a better heatsink.... i don't like running my temps that high. and you could even buy a better heatsink with a low rpm fan.
If you wanted a quiet down your setup even more

Well I sutck in another 256 megs of ram along with my TT ram cooler fan thing I put most of my power suply leads in that small black snakey conduit stuff and put a 5.25 inch double bay fan in there and its running at 45 C now =)

Do you have a Case Fan...... Make a blowhole on the side of your case and pick up a thermaltake smartfan ii. that should help your temps

Toysrme said:
The temps is 100% fine.

FIRST THINGS FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's getting reported higher than it really is. You people should know better and say so before yous tart giving options...

DUH, don't cost people money or cause them worry before they realise they're getting reported high anyways...

It's blatently obvious he's getting reported atleast some what high... I'd expect more around 50-55C range. That thing would be unstable at a real 60C.

*If you're not locking you're fine.*

AT the most swap hsf's or cut yourself a blowhole/duct mod.

BTW a last thought is if you're computer is heating up the room so much, might be time to turn the A/C on somewhat. ;)

"What I would do:
AS3 and remount
lap heatsink
cut a hole or two
with those 3 mods you should lower temps considerably."

notice how he yells at everyone and then suggests the same things everyone else has been?

Back