• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with 8RDA+... First time building a comp, need some assistance.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thesoupnazi

Registered
I just finished setting up my computer, everything seemed ok. I turned it on, however, and after about 7 seconds of it being on, I hear the case speaker beeping, and nothing else happens no matter how long I wait. No signal is being sent to the monitor, either. Is this the CPU overheating failsafe? If so, how can I bypass it? Also, if it isn't that, tell me what the problem is. The only thing showing on the LED POST is 01.

Try holding insert while tabbing delete should get you in bios tell me what happen's. Turn it off then push power and hold insert and tab delete.

thanks

I'm not at my house right now, at a friend's using his comp. I wasn't prepared for this problem. I'm finding that some PC3200 RAM has problems with this mobo, so I'm gonna use some old sticks, change timings, then reboot and hope for the best. I will try and get into the bios your way first, however. Thanks for the quick help.

Also I did learn that you can do this is she want boot.

Unplug power cord, remove battery wait 1 min put battery (on mobo) back in plug it back up turn it on.

Are you using Corsair XMS LL sticks? Because if so, that's probably your problem (which it looks like you may already know about :)) Pop in some "slower" sticks and manually set the timings, save the changes to the BIOS and power down, install the LL sticks and you're good to go.

~THT

Back