• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit KD7. I cannot get an OC for crap on this board.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

I have the said board now. What the heck am I doing wrong? I just took out a Chaintech Apogee kt333 mobo. With the Apogee I was able to hit 166fsb with an XP1700Tbred A that I am using at the moment. Now on this KD7 I cannot even run at 145fsb. It just flat out wont post at anything higher than 143fsb. What is up, why is this board being such a piece of crap? I just ordered an XP 1700 Tbred B (a good one, cant remember stepping but I paid extra for it at Excaliber). But I am starting to think that maybe it wont be worth it if this board wont OC for schmitt.

List down exactly what you set in SOFT MENNU III & ADVANCED CHIPSET FEATURES | DRAM CLOCK/DRIVE so we can see what's going on.

166fsb-1/5 divider and tried the multi clear down to 8, and tried the voltage up to 1.7 (stock shows 1.5)
And I set the ram to detect speed of fsb. I tried it all different ways. I am not a total newb, but some of the settings on this board are presented in a way that makes me feal like one. I am going to try setting everything to default and start over.

Last edited:
Yeah there are some settings that can confuse even the experienced user that's why I always ask the complete details like above. Without those it will be like shooting in the dark.

Cheesy Peas said:
try setting cpu fast command decode to normal instead of fast, i had to do that to change multis, and hit higher fsbs.
That was the trick:D . After doing so I am at 10X166fsb for 1666mhz on stock voltage. Played WCIII all night long and ran 3dmark2k1 with no problems whatsoever. Having the 1/5 divider is pretty nice since I am able to keep everything in spec. It was also pretty cool to see that this Tbred A isnt a total dud and is doing this all on stock voltage (at least for now). Maybe the Tbred B that should be here this week will hit 200fsb? Idunno, I have read about problems with this mobo being able to do it. Oh well, I met my goal with this chip and this comp is working pretty well right now :) :cool:

That tbred B should be able to do 200fsb but then 1/5 divider = 40mhz pci :eek:. I've seen multiple reviews hitting 200 or close though which is pretty crazy. I tried 200fsb on my epox kt333 board once but my vid card looked like it was tripping on acid and also my HD is that last thing I want to die on me...

Yeah. That is why I dont think that I will be hitting 200fsb either. Maybe on a different mobo, but then again if I am going to do that I may as well just get a Barton cpu and an NF7.

Back