• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X del. wont get into windoze [HELP! please!]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wuzzapiman

after it switches resolutions or something I see the windoze startup screen for a second then the cxomp reboots. Ive tried clearing the CMOS and switching/removing the cpu jumper. It does work with my friends HD [he installed windoze with the HD in on the deluxe edition] I had installed windoze with an abit mobo.
2500+
PC3200 corsair

sounds like a memory problem

have you formated and reinstalled your os?

what os?

make sure memory freq is set to 100%

if this board is new and you're try to get it setup, make sure you're runnign it at default speeds....

If you are trying to salvage an existing windows installation, it won't work (usually). I tried on an A7N8X Deluxe and an NF7-S, both rev 2.0. You can boot into safe mode. I found that a PCI vid card worked on the Asus board, but not the Abit. I didn't think it woulld make a difference, but reformatting and reinstalling solved the problem. I've seen this same problem in the Abit board forum.

Back