• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

208 fsb with artic silver and a happy castle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spiritedandy

Premium Member
hi all
well i could not go above 200fsb no matter what (stable).......would not even post past 205

now i was boared so i set about replaceing the northbridge cooling castle with some artic silver 3...

and thats it its worked cooler all round as well .....i can hit 208fsb and its stable fantastic ....what a simple mod to do for such a high gain

i had a fan sat on top of it before and it still would not go over 200 .....going to put a fan on it now see if i can go to 210 ......think i might be pushing the memory there tho as well:rolleyes:

andy

EDIT :: im now up to 212fsb 11.0 multi all for replacing that pink stuff for as3 wow :D :D

EDIT :: now at 216fsb

EDIT :: now at 218fsb 11 multi :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
*** [ littlehint here]

...shhhhh, don't tell ne-1 , buuuut.

go to ace hardware, spend $5.oo & pick up
a 6x9 sheet of copper that is .025" thick.

cut a piece the size of the HS for the NB.....

apply AS3 to both sides of copper & put it
under the NB HS.

(homemade alpha for he NB)
[/stoplittlehint]***

:cool:

Copper "abosrbs" heat better than ALU.
Alu "disipates" heat better than copper.

It really does work. Work a couple of degrees.

"ANYTHING" that helps, is worth a shot.

I do it to all my mobos now.
Unless you can find a copper NB cooler?

mmmmm i have a spare hercules fan from a 9700 pro
wonder if it would fit:)

EDIT :: now at 218@2398mhz :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
That's great! I just done that yesterday while the power was out in my house for a few hours or else you'd have a time getting me off the computer. I'll have to try upping my fsb now. Thanks.

northbridge temps are 110f and 127f under extreme stress.this seems to be ok for the chip no real issues as of yet.And yes it is water cooled lapped block with sweet mount.Almost forgot fsb is 210:eek:

I don't think it done mine any more good for oc'ing because I still can't get past what I had, probably due to my ram. But atleast I have peace of mind now my NB is gonna be running cooler.

WarriorII said:
*** [ littlehint here]

...shhhhh, don't tell ne-1 , buuuut.

go to ace hardware, spend $5.oo & pick up
a 6x9 sheet of copper that is .025" thick.

cut a piece the size of the HS for the NB.....

apply AS3 to both sides of copper & put it
under the NB HS.

(homemade alpha for he NB)
[/stoplittlehint]***

:cool:
[question=stupid] Does the AS3 act like an adhesive or does as3 come as a thermal adhesive as well as a thermal compound?[/question]:eek:

Back