• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

shouldn't my temps rise under load alot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

I am running prime right now to see whats going on...I have been folding for 3 sraight days now with no issues....I run at 47 degrees almost 24/7 with aambient at around 75 f(don't know the celcius) I was looking at my temps in bios expecting them to decline to maybe 40 or so but to my dismay only 46......maybe I didn't give it enough time to cool down or something...but shouldn't my idle temps be alot cooler?..I am running prime with no errors...and the thing is....I am still at 47 what gives?...naybe I need to sit at idle for awhile or something...I really actually like the fact it sits at 46 and 47 no matter what stain it's under.....this means my cooling is good enough that it disperses the heat fast enough for it not to matter what the load it.....or it could just mean I need to let it idle for a tad bit:(.....either way is this normal?....

Turn your computer off for 5-10 minutes, then get back into windows. Once windows is loaded, make sure there isn't any load on the CPU (Folding, Prime, etc..) and let it sit for another 5-10 minutes idleing in windows. That's your idle temp.

Back