• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is my fan setup ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

I can't help but have a fan in the side of my case...so here is my setup

| <ab> |
| |
| |
|____________|

x= cheapo 80mm fan
y = smartfan2
ab= 80mm 4led fan and ok 80mmfan stacked in side panel
c= 92mm cheapo
on proc I have the tornado

my question is how can I add fans to the bottom of case if I have those side panel ones?
they will interfear with the flow...I don't think the 92mm is interfearing tomuch seeing as it is kinda week...I think it just adds a nice breezewhich directs those side panel fans to the exhaust.....what do you guys think?

Well what are your temps now?

If they are pretty good, I'd say you really don't have to add anything.

wow my pic turned out like doo doo...hehe...it's just 2 stacked in the side and 2 exhaust with a tornado on the proc and a 92mm under my dvdrom drive:D

Well, I don't think the fans on the side will affect it too much. Infact, I would have one ducting to the pci/apg slots, and have another one blowing in, with something kinda directing the air towards the back of the case. Just my thoughts though.

You're fine.

By stacked fans I take it two holes, and teh fan side by side.

Completely not worth the effort fo actually stacking them.

Don't worry about a fan in the bottom. That's completely uncalled for unless they've suddenly came up with an ISA card that has an Athlon or Pentium on it that I wasn't aware of.

With those two blowholes, you're not going to see much from it at all.

Looks good!

Duct one fan to the HSF.
Just have the other one blowing sideways on the agp/pci slots.
Have about 25% of the tip of the fan blade over your top most card. Being the AGP slot. Leave the other 3/4 of the fan below it.
Set it up like that and you'll get the best results.

You've got all your bases covered. You won't see large gains from anything in air cooling now. GJ.

Looks like that is a very good setup. I would definetly do some ducting to the CPU. The drawing is a little confusing but I think I get the point. Well good look.

Thank You,
Daniel

Back