• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGr8s1

Besides the obvious being CPU and VideoCard. What other items in your system do u cool?

Let me start with this.....

9700np - Thermaltake Giant 2 heatsink/pipe and 2 custom mounted fans (one on each side) Removed factory shim and applied AS3

Northbridge - TBD

Harddrives - 1 Thermaltake Smart Fan 2 blowing right all on 5 HD's (yes i have 5)

CD/DVD-roms - I fan custom mounted in between my CD-Burner and DVD-Rom. It's more for case cooling then to cool my rom drives and it looks nice.

Ram - TBD (not sure if it's really important enough)

Southbridge - TBD (what the hell for?)

Mosfets - TBD (still not sure how to mount heatsinks on them)

Cpu - Thermalright AX-7 and Thermaltake Smart Fan 2 and Thermaltake Air Duct. Applied AS3 as well.

Case - 2 Intakes (Smart Fan 2)
2 Exhausts (Smart Fan 2)
1 Side Intake (Smart Fan 2)

Funny thing is I still don't think I'm done with my setup just yet. LOL :):):) CHEERS!

My ALPHA P3125s is too big to be able to mount active cooling to my northbridge..but the direction of the flow is down towards the northy.
As far as the mossfets go, I used AS glue to add a h.s. to my clock generator...I used a radioshack TO220 h.s cut to fit.
One word of caution...the AS glue spreads really good, so only use a tiny amount. I almost overdid mine and was horrified when I saw the A.S. seeping out all sides and coming close to all the pins of the chip. Luckily it did not go further. If I had the right tools to cut heatsinks, every mosfet in my mobo would have it's very own h.s.

BTW, adding the h.s. to my clock gen gave me a few more mhz of stability.

U got a pick of the cooling on your clock generator? I'm not sure what that is or what it looks like. Sounds like another thing I might wanna do in my ever challenging attempt to hit 300FSB.

From what I have read and what I have been told, if its more than warm to the touch under full load "Cool It" :)

Sorry 4 not replying sooner..as I was away from the net for a few days.
The clock generator I mentioned is a rectangular chip right next to the clock crystal. A good rule of thumb is to follow CGR's example..If it is too warm then cool it

Back