• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

For those of you with an NF7....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fever

I've noticed that MBM5 and Winbond Hardware Doctor report different vcores... I've been using Winbond since it came with the board, so I figured that should be more accurate... But now I'm not sure anymore. :confused:

Which do you guys trust?

The BIOS, BIOS and only the BIOS.

When you say different voltages, how do you mean?

Is it like 1.65 compared to 1.8? Or 1.67 compared to 1.64?

On my old Slocket, I upped volts to 1.8, but everything reported 1.9. My guess was they got the volts printed wrong on the slocket, All I did was jumper it back one setting.

Did you try SiSoft Sandra, btw?

It's not a big difference like 1.64v - 1.8v, it's off by about .08v. Every program reports the same vcore as MBM, such as CPUZ, Sandra, Speedfan.. Normally I'd just assume Winbond is wrong, but it's the software that came with the motherboard. This is the first board I own that's had this "problem", so that's why I was curious. It's not a big deal anyways, I'd just like to figure out this little mystery... :p

Edit: Would you mind installing both programs to see if it's just my board?

Winbond is on your NF7-S CD, and here's MBM:

Motherboard Monitor 5.3

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back