• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

With Summer rolling around, do I need to make a few changes?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AaronP

Hi, I'm currently running a xp1700 clocked at 1.75 GHz, and running 1 case fan. Usually I get about 31/34 to 38/43 chip/board (yes my chip is cooler for some reason) celcius. Now my question is, since where I'm living doesn't have air conditioning, and the blistering heat we're most likely going to/ are already experiencing this summer has raised the temperature of this system to around 48/50. Should I make any changes to that? Or just play it out for the summer. I was actually thinking of getting 2 more fans, one in the back, and mod the side pannel with one more. I'm actually just curious as to see what you guys, the trusted general public think :D. Has the summer caused you to make a few changes to your rigs to help the run cooler or in some cases stop them from overheating?

well, a few more fans wouldn't hurt, but I personally just leave mine the way it is. I just turn it off when I'm not using it so it doesn't throw so much heat into the room - but if my temps are safe, I leave my cooling the way it is.

I would add another case fan on the rear or front depending on where you have it now. Its cheap and will help get hot air out of the system. Will it bring your CPU temps down? maybe, maybe not but it will help keep other peripherals a bit cooler.

I just turned my Vcore down to stock voltage (1.5) and overclocked to about 2.1ghz. It's stable and not as hot. When I had it up at 1.73 vcore it was running at almost 57°C, but now it runs at °47 (full loads)

My XP1700 OCed too 2.1 maxes out at around 38 when crunching seti in a warm room.I have never seen it go above 40 and that was when it was hot in my apartment. When my AC is on it stays around 34 when crunching.

Back