• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

swiftech mcx4000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phoenix111384

any comments on this heatsink? planning on buying it in the near future. i currently have the alpha pal8942, but was considering the swiftech simply b/c it supports 92 mm fans. more airflow/less noise:)

Last edited:
Yes very good choice, and it does accept larger fans, however the SLK 800U is cheaper and will yield similar performance (limited to 80mm fans tho), and the SLK 900U is an updated 800 which accepts 92mm fans.
Hope this helps
xb-70

Swiftech is prettier!! They are *very* comparable in the price/performance category. The Swiftech fan that comes with the 4000 quieter than the Smarftan that everyone seems to put on their 800s.

hmm... the 900u is a bit more expensive at least at svc.com, and yeah, the swiftech is definitley prettier. swiftech is $38 whereas the tr is $45. anyone know any cheaper places?

I used an mcx4000 for a couple months on my old P4... very high quality heatsink, although it was always a pain to mount/unmount if I ever needed to clean it out, do case maintenance etc.

The Swiftech MCX 4000 is bad to the bone...Gotta love the build quality...Precision machined base that requires no lapping...Might even make it worse...1 to 2 degrees F difference in performance versus the Thermalright SLK-900U...The Zalman's are supposed to work great also...But my vote for a P-4 is the Swiftech...Great people to deal with also...They actually answer the phone and return calls...Cant go wrong...:D

great! definitley considering the mcx4000 now. should have bought that in the first place. damn alpha ... had to lap it ... top of one screw got stripped (had to notch it with the dremel) and black paint chipped ...

Back