• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for review for 8rda v nf7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
I'am looking for reviews that compare the 8rda to the Nf7.

That is actually the 8RDA3+ in that review and not the 8RDA+...

Before I start...I am a Epox MB person...

But given the choice between the 2...the NF7 (rev 2.0) is better...for a few facts...the 8RDA+ will need a VDD mod to achieve the same OC the NF7 can straight out of the box (has a VDD voltage option in the BIOS...the 8RDA+ does not and never will)...the NF7 will also go up to 2.3 core voltage no matter what your deafult settings are for the CPU...the 8RDA+ only goes up to 2.2v's...The main factor is...the NF7 can read the 5th FID...which gives you the upper multi. sections without modding the CPU (when using a CPU under XP2100)...so if you are OCing a 1700...the 1700 will be FULLY unlocked and not just up to 12.5x...to get 13x and higher multi. on the 8RDA+ you will have to mod the CPU...also, the NF7 has sata raid and a few other options that the 8RDA+ does not...

When it comes down to it...the 8RDA+ will need a few mods to achieve the samething the NF7 (rev 2.0) can do straight out of the box...

I have been through 3 8RDA+'s already and have killed 1 with a VDD mod that went bad and 1 that fried by itself...and one that had a BIOS corruption issue that was never able to be fixed...and none of them were stable past 195FSB in dual channel tops...and that was with a VDD mod and A3 NB stepping...

The NF7-S rev 2.0 is going to be my next NF2 MB...still does better then the 8RDA3+ and is cheaper...

Thanks for the linkage I was offered a deal on a nf7-s 2.0 for a good price that wil do 227 DC and I was wanting to see what is any difference between what I have and what I will have would be.

I have no experience with Epox motherboards, what is the difference between the 8RDA+ and the 8RDA3+

Back