• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

N00B needs help with nf7-s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HexogeN

Registered
I was going to get an Asus, but all the horror stories turned me off. Some guys from OC reccomended that I get the nf7-s, which so far seems to be a great board. I want to get the 2500 barton to go along with it, but when I look at sites that sell the rev 2.0 it says it only supports the 333 fsb. Isnt barton 400 fsb? If Im totally wrong im sorry. If im right, is there a place to find the nf7-s rev 2.0 with 400 fsb.

Also what is a good value ram to go with the abit? I was thinking 2 sticks of 256mb 3200 crucial. Can you run those in dual mode?

Thanks for the help.

Excelsior beat me heh :cool:

The 2500+ Barton has a 333 mhz fsb.

As for the RAM that looks good to me and you can run those in dual channel.

Blaine

the first time ive ever beaten some one!!!!! usually its the other way around. and yes duall channel works. what exactly does dual channel do? i doubles the bit rate or something right?

XxxexcelsiorxxX said:
what exactly does dual channel do? i doubles the bit rate or something right?

it doubles the bus width from 64bit to 128bit. in theory it should double the bandwidth but it doesn't quite work like that. you'll see an increasew in memory benchmarks but unless your using onboard video then you're not likely to see a real world performance increase.

(if you get a NF7-M and use the onboard video you'll get a nice FPS boost, 3DMark2K1 scores would go from around 2500 to around 3200)

Crucial shouldn't have any problem running in dual channel, it's the really cheap no-name ram that you might have a problem with. i would wait and see if anyone has had a problem though as i have no expirence with anything other then Corsair TWINX 3200LL with my NF7-S.

Back