• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman CNPS7000-Cu 8rda+ & overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rutkus

ok, I am looking to get a Zalman CNPS7000-Cu heatsink with fan, it looks awesome first of all and i want a new toy for cooling down my pc. however I don't know if it will fit my board, i have an 8rda+. does anyone have this combo or know for a fact that it will/will not work? I tried looking around on the zalman website and didn't find anything.

also, I have my current setup running at 45.5C but it sometimes gets to 50.5C still heats the hell out of my room. do you guys think this will improve anything as far as cooling everything down? you can see what i have now if you look at my sig.

-Rutkus

There's a link somewhere on this board with a review of the All copper version and the aluminum/copper version. In the "tests" that they ran, the AlCu marginally beat out the Cu... at high and at low temps. I don't have the link handy, but maybe someone else knows the review I'm talking about.

If the AlCu cools better than the Cu, saving a few bucks for better cooling would definitely be something I'd look into.

wow, interesting, i was looking at the all copper one because i figured that one would be the better of the two. they just look sweet and i am thinking of putting a colored fan in it if i get it but we'll see. where did you read that they mount poorly on amds? I want it for my 2100+

I want to know how it mounts and works with amd processors, also, its supposidly heavy as hell since its so huge, should i get a shim to protect the cpu?

If you go to the Zalman website, CLICK ME!, and click on products, you'll notice the 7000 isn't listed under the "AMD CPU" category. People have successfully mounted the 7000, but with home-made modifications.

I may be incorrect since I have not first-hand handled this heatsink so anyone may correct me. I am going on information I've read and reviews I've seen. (have you seen a review with the 7000 mounted on an AMD? yea, me neither)

The CNPS700Cu is not made for Socket 462. I would recommend against modding it to work. If you really want a new heatsink, look into the Thermalright SLK800 or 900. They'd end up outperforming the Zalman anyways.

also, I have my current setup running at 45.5C but it sometimes gets to 50.5C still heats the hell out of my room. do you guys think this will improve anything as far as cooling everything down?
Heatsinks, as all other cooling solutions, only transfer heat, not destroy it. The better a heatsink is at removing heat of off your processor's core, the better it is at putting it into your room, so getting a better heatsink wouldn't help matters in this respect. However, getting a better heatsink could help you get more out of an existing great setup.

Back