• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK-900 mounting.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OLMI

030207slk900u_1.gif

arent my standoffs supposed to go through the motherboard? the screw part goes through, but the wider part after that doesnt go through. i just got an NF7-S and it doesnt fit that way.. help is needed fast because im sitting here waiting hehe pllleease tell meee :)

[edit] it sort of goes through a little, but i'd have to force it if i wanted it to go any further..[/edit]

Last edited:
Don't force anything or you'll break something expensive.

Did you try flipping the standoffs over both ways?

I'll be putting one on my NF7-S soon.

Last edited:
No, just the small part does. It should go through and screw into the little metal X that coems with it.

i read some previous posts on the abit amd motherboard forum and saw that the standoffs dont quite fit on the nf7-s for some reason.. so i took some 600 grit sand paper and made that round part smaller, that did the job.

Thanx for the tip. When I get mine, I'll just cut to the chase and do the same as you.

BTW, talk about ridging on the HS, you can file your finger nails down on the bottom of that SLK900U before you lap it.

Back