• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Northbridge Heatsink Removal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matrixzen

I was wondering how I could remove my chipset's heatsink. Now that summer is here my computer temps have gone up during the day and when I check the monitor the motherboard temp is ussualy around 41 degrees c when I am NOT playing games. How would I go about removing my heatsink? Or would it be better to add a fan to that heatsink? What do you recommend?

If you are talking about the NB HS, then you will have to take out the MB and on the back of the motherboard you will see where the plastic pins are poking through...carefully squeeze the end of the pin together and pull out the pin...repeat for the other pin...

Now though...you NB does not control the temps...you are either reading the CPU or case temps...and changing the NB HS will not lower your CPU or case temps...

What are you using for your CPU HS/Fan?

My CPU runs 49c now in the summer and my Motherboard runs at 41c now.

Here is a link to the CPU fan I have installed.

Dragon Orb 3

When I first seen this it looked really nice and it looked like it would cool very well but to my suprise it didn't live up to its expectations by providing sufficient cooling. Since the first day I have been considering putting this hs/f on my old P3 and getting a Cooler Master CP5-6J31C-A4 hs/f. What I was trying to do was lower my motherboard temp. I know that putting on a new hs for my NB will not lower the CPU temp because they are what they are because of their hs/f. Right now I am currently looking at a Antec case I like. They provide excelent ventelation.

Last edited:
Those DO3's suck...I had one for about 3 days and replaced it...The V9's perform better actually...and to lower the MB temps...you need to lower your system temps...by adding a few more fans to your case...the best way is to add at least one on the side panel, directly across the CPU...and a top blowhole...this will actually lower both the system temps and CPU temps...

I'll most likely be adding more fans, new fans, and case mod fans.

Back