• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need a guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EnKo

i need a guide to overclocking a gigabyte ga-7vrxp mobo, i can get this 1700 xp jiuhb processor to just under 1.7 ghz and run smoothly, so if someone can please point me to a guide or something that can help me reach higher speeds it would be much appreaciated.

my setup is as follows

gigabyte ga-7vrxp mobo ver 2.0
640mb samsung ram (2100) (2 x 256, 1 x 128)
pny gf4 ti4200 vid card 8x agp
intel pro 10/100 nic
creative live sound card (value)
160 gb hd space (2 x 80gb)
windows xp

Have a look here but with DDR266 I think you may struggle, it will depend on whether its Samsung Orig or third party.
Hood

ok i will have to try this, thanx man....will post what i get, and what problems i run into, thanx again.

Hopefully its only your DDR thats being pushed too far and not data corruption, you have heeded the warning and put the HDD on IDE 3 or 4 , I hope. If its just the DDR being pushed too far then when you lower the FSB again it should be OK. You could try relaxing the timings.
Hood

tried all that, got a tool off the western digital site and had did the "write zeros to hd" test (quick version of test), that seems to have gotten rid of the problem, now i tried rewriting the mbr, that doesnt work, so im gonna try and reinstall windows now..tell u how that goes.

ok well, got 2k3 server installed, lost all my stuff on it though, got it oc'd to 1705 mhz, 155x11 running fine so far, on another note, wcpuid doesnt recognize my model or something, any ideas, maybe i just need an update of it, oh well.

EnKo said:
ok well, got 2k3 server installed, lost all my stuff on it though, got it oc'd to 1705 mhz, 155x11 running fine so far, on another note, wcpuid doesnt recognize my model or something, any ideas, maybe i just need an update of it, oh well.

Glad you got it running again sorry you lost everything though

"on another note, wcpuid doesnt recognize my model or something, any ideas, maybe i just need an update of it, oh well."

Are you meaning it doesnt see XP1700? If yes then that will be because you have it OCed.

Hood

Back