• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S RAM Question:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Baptizer

Hello Everyone!
I am going to be putting together my new system tomorrow and had a quick question: Which banks should I put my two sticks of Buffalo DDR RAM in? Should i put them in 2 and 3? Any help would be great! Everyone have a nice night!

PS: Also, should I update the bios as well on the board? It is the Version 2 board.

1/3 or 2/3 will both give you a dual channel configuration.

As for the bios, 1.4 is the latest bios for rev. 2 boards... If you don't already have it, update to it.

Have fun! I just upgraded to this board as well. ^_^

Thanks, bro! Really appreciate the assistance!

One final question: How would everyone recommend I mount my slk-800? Should I use the 4 mounting holes, or should I use the clamp? The only reason why I am asking is because I am still waiting on the slk-800 and really wanted to hook everythign up in the case and mobo. So that once the heatsink got here, I could just snap it on! Thanks!

I dont think the slk-800 has mounting bracket you have to clamp it in at least mine didnt come with a mounting bracket that dont mean it dont come with one now.

There are 2 variations of the SLK-800. They're called "U" and "A". One (A) mounts using clips, and the other (U) mounts using the mounting holes.

Back