• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

questions about mounting hs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eightywpm

Registered
i'm putting a slk800 u on my mobo and i was looking at this shim (supposedly goes in between the cpu and hs) do i need this? what purpose does the shim serve?

your talking about the metal protective shim...and no...use the mounting feet that comes with the SLK-800...those will work the same but still give you a more flush seating on the CPU die...the metal shims are nice for a little bit...but you will see around a 5c raise in temps when using them because they will not let the HS seat completely flush on the CPU die...

cool, answered my question completey....AGAIN. Thanks glock for sharing your knowledge and rest asure i will use this knowledge for good and not evil...k i'm abit drunk so....yea thnx

abit boards tend to do that too you...lol...and np...that is why we are here...and if you need anything, that is why I have my AIM SN button ;)

Back