• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Found HUGE heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

I was looking through skycraft, and in the very back corner I found a buncha heatsinks. Some were for computers, some were unknown. In the unknown section, i found a huge alu heatsink, somewhere around 20cm/14cm, and at least 10cm high. Anybody have any overkill ideas?

Oh, yeah!!!

Anybody have any overkill ideas?
:drool: I might have a few:

N8's%20old%20noise%20maker.jpg

PS
  • the top two 120's are now removed: they did almost nil for temps
  • the side 2x 120 and front 1x 120 are all on very low speeds cuz, well, other wise I'll get cold and deaf sitting next to it!
N8

I'll betcha I could find a way to make it fit on a CPU. May not be worth it due to thickness of base of such a large HS, though

I really don't know HOW, but if you run two disks in a raid 0, it might be a good option for some cooling solution.

CHeers, Flix

if you have room put a couple of your harddrives on th bottom of your case, and sit it on top. then they are surrounded by metal to sink teh heat away, the metal bottom, and the hs. maybe even make a fan bracket to suspend a fan above it.

or you could hack it to bits and make lotsa smaller heatsinks. plus it give you an excuse to use some power tools :D

that is large...

i like the forehead idea... need to keep your own head cool as well as ur pc ya know... for those frustrating windows experiences...

Ridiculously overkill but sandwhich your HD with 2 of those huge sinks like at silentpc:

hd-sandwich.jpg

Back