• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V333 rev1.01

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

El<(')>Maxi

Blank Senior Member
Anybody know if the PCI and AGP can be, or is locked on this mobo?

Running 1016 bios. There is the "agp performance control" in bios and I don't know exactly what this does.

:cool:

No way to lock the AGP or PCI speeds on this mobo.

Sorry to be the beare of bad news. But it's a great overclocking mobo and super stable.

maxima88 said:
No way to lock the AGP or PCI speeds on this mobo.

Sorry to be the beare of bad news. But it's a great overclocking mobo and super stable....

assuming the rest of your components can handle the speeds.

TinyTim said:

assuming the rest of your components can handle the speeds.

Overclocking doesn't necessarily mean running at FSB speeds that will make your system unstable. You can raise your multiplier and still run your FSB close to spec and still have an awesome o/c. I've gotten over 900mhz o/c out of my A7V333.

Ya, that's a pretty nice OC maxima. I wire tricked my chip prior to installing it and my multi's are capped at 12.5. then I found out later that I did'nt even need to do that. What did you have to do to get the higher multi's? Anything?

Thanks El. The default multis for a X2100 tbred and our mobo are 13x and higher. No need to do anything.

To get the lower multis (12.5x and lower), we need to do the wire trick to connect the last L3 bridge. That's what you did.
So if you want 13x and higher multis, you'll need to remove that little wire you placed in the socket.

I'll leave it the way it is. I can do a 177fsb when I wan't a little extra gas, so the lower multi's work well for me. And that wire took an afternoon to place on the pin's correctly. But, you have given me somthing to think about with your OC. And now that I think about it, this board runs 166fsb default so if I had a 13 multi that would mean 2.16ghz! That can't be right. The lower multi's must be available without the trick right?

:p

Without the wire trick, you will only have 13x and up. Anyone wlese with a XP2100 tbreb/A7V333 combo can verify that.

i have the same problem with my a7v33 cuz the freqeuncy rite now on my system is at 100 x 10 and the pci would get pretty messed up w/o the dividers, neone else having the same problem can you plz help me out
________
Weed Vaporizers

Last edited:
I have found that regardless of how high or low my FSB is, or what the multiplier is, my 1.04 A7V333 HATES core frequencies over 2.15

I have tried nearly everything, and it won't go past it. Voltage increases seem to have no effect, my 1700 runs fine at 2.16 @ 1.55V, yet won't run stable any faster even at 1.75

Yup, mine gets unstable over 2.1ghz. Gonna try some X3200 ram, after that it's a NF7-S rev2.

Yeah, same, although I am skipping the ram. It seems to run fine up around 185-190 (along with the A7V333 too), although slightly unstable.

It's wierd that the FSB on the board can run so out of spec, yet it can't seem to handle higher clockspeeds.

I wish www.vibecomputers.com had their NF7-S' in, I would like to see if my suspicions are correct or not. Because it is possible my CPU just doesn't like high speeds (it's a 0312 DLT3C)

Get a new motherboard, I guess. The A7V333 just does not like O/C'ing all that much, and it seems to vary a lot from one to the next. Considering how cheap you can get a Nforce2 board now, it's not too big of a deal.

Hmm...my A7V333 runs a 1800+ @ 12.0x187(2244MHz) pretty well. (Stats in sig)...I think I'm limited by my RAM. I'm going to try putting AS3 on the Northbridge and see if that helps. But my board is a Rev1.04

The A7V333 is a great overclocking mobo and one of the most stable mobos around. Unfortunately for us A7V333 owners, it's not 100% compatible with the Tbred architecture. And it's not just the a7V333 , it's almost all KT333 chipset mobos that can't run at really high FSB speeds.

I don't think it's worth shelling out a $100 or more right now to replace the mobo since it works perfectly fine and I can o/c a lot higher than many NForce2 mobos owners can.

Hey Maxima, does a higher fsb not work for you? Say like 170x15.5. Would give you better performance if stable/bootable.

:p

There would only be a very slight performace gain between 170fsb compared to 165fsb and that would only be based on some programs. I normally just surf the web and occasionally convert video, that's it. I'm not a gamer.

I didn't try 170fsb or higher when I was working on finding out how fast I could get the cpu. I wanted to keep my pci and agp in spec to eliminate any bottlenecks. That way I knew that there was noting else that my cpu could give.

Yeah, the difference between 165 and 170, even if the clock speed is identical, is pretty minimal. The benchmark I personally used to compare cpu/fsb/memory performance when I was playing around with O/Cing my comp was UT2k3, as it is very heavily dependent on those factors. The differences of performance between various FSB's was actually quite noticeable. Just make sure you use botmatches, not fly bys. I believe I ended up settling on 170X12. It was still very stable @ 12.5, but I found that sometimes Quicktime of all things would crash. Everything else, including Prime95 and 3dmark loops worked great.

I have finally decided that I can't live w/o getting a new Nforce2 mobo and seeing how far my CPU goes, so I will finally be able to confirm whether or not my A7V333 was the culprit in limiting my CPU speed to under 2.15ghz

Back