• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermal Monitors - Which to choose?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i just bought the Enermax one from them a few weeks ago for like $22 vs. their $35 or whatever they have it for. I got it so cheap because they had it on sale for like a day or so. I would wait on buying one and check them everyday to see what's on clearance. I'm always seeing fan controllers from them for around $5 to $10 off. This Enermax one that i bought works like a charm. The two temp probes i can use for CPU and internal case temp, or CPU and VID temp..While the 6 fan controllers are wonderful, everyfan in my system is hooked to them. I love it. So i recommend the same fan controller i got, but just watch xoxide daily for a clearance price, and grab it.

I'd opt for the 2 thermal monitors (just the simple Lian-Li plate). Their nice and simple and can't really break (until you have to change their batteries.) Thats my choice for effort and ease of use. The other ones may present themselves better for you if you're looking for a fan controller option or hard drive cooling...

Up to you! :)

the enermax looks nice, was checking that one out - shall check the others as well and keep an eye out for sales.

the enermax is worth it. The first two nobs for the fans have speed gauges to them, so you can moniter your rpm speeds to, say your cpu fan, or video card fan. It's really all you need. Then hook the rest up to your case fans. I'm gonna hook up one fan controller to two fans to see if it still works well enough or if it reduces their power to much..just to see if i can hook in more fans than 6..

let me know

bsspewer - as i will have all 6 fans onit - but if it is not powered enough, then that would be a downfall - this will be water cooling rig, but i still want the fans for the ambient temp.

i am trying to do a custom set up for my memoey on my vid card which will have a small fan, possibly 2, so that would be good as well as the 4 other case fans.

getting a nice new 550w power supply with a 270w 3.3 +5 v output - so i got the power.

Back