• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NextATIcard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prime187

Registered
When do u guys think ATI's r360 will be out? I want to upgrade my video card for the new games coming out this year and it seems that the 9800 and 5900 dont have that much of an improvement over my 9700 pro. I heard from a reliable source that the r360 will be clocked to faster speeds than the 5900 so that sounds pretty promising, also I heard that the r420 codenamed Loki will be 2times faster than the 9800pro cant wait to see that.

hey pip do u think it will be worth getting a r360 if i have a radeon9700 pro right now? I mean if the radeon 9800 pro can beat the 5900 in some tests then imagine the r360 at faster clock speeds than the 5900. I would like to get a r420 but i dont think it will be out until next year sometime and i dont feel like waiting that long. Tell me what u think.

Prime187 said:
hey pip do u think it will be worth getting a r360 if i have a radeon9700 pro right now? I mean if the radeon 9800 pro can beat the 5900 in some tests then imagine the r360 at faster clock speeds than the 5900. I would like to get a r420 but i dont think it will be out until next year sometime and i dont feel like waiting that long. Tell me what u think.

nah it definately wouldn't be worth it now Loki is looking very good and will probly have a large improvement over R3x0

Prime187 said:
When do u think the loki r420 chip will be out to buy tho??

probly a paper launch in late november and actual availability a few weeks before christmas, but as luck usually has it it will probly be delayed til mid january

EDIT: Turbo Versions of R360 will probly be available in October

so i gotta wait till mid january till i get a new vid card!? =( doom 3 and all those big graphic games are comin out in nov...what should i doo

CrystalMethod said:
I'd only upgrade if you have the games and if your 9700 can't keep up. No real use in spending the money if the card you have will run just as good for the games.

I agree. I am just now upgrading from a geforce2. Not that I didnt have better in the past...but broke the 3 better cards i had...

Back