• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a Mobo for next system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RyanK27

Registered
Im looking for one that i can get a nice 1700 tbred B DL3TC on and overclcok it to about 2.1 gig. I dont really care about graphix since i dont play any heavy games like Unreal halflife or similar stuff. Any suggestions I was leaning towards the Asus A7v8x but not sure. comments appreciated.

I would like to reccommend the Abit NF7-S, it is a very stable board and it is pretty good value. Abit also has great warrantee service, so if something is dead its fast and easy to get a new one. If you do get the NF7-S make sure you get version 2.0 it has a few enhancements and has better overclocking options.
Hope this helps,
xb-70

I have always been a big asus fan, and in my experiences with them over the years I have never been dissapointed. My A7N8X Deluxe is running my t-bird 1.33 rock solid stable @ 1.52. I know its not a huge oc, but thats mainly b/c of my 2100 ddr ram.

I like my A7N8X Dlx but if you were to get that board make sure that you get the 2.0 PCB rev. of that board. Also from what I have found out throught some research the Abit NF7-S is a great board also you should get the 2.0 PCB rev. The NF7-S has great overclocking features.

You might want to wait a few weeks and see what hardware reviewers think of boards based on KT600 chipsets. The few early reviews of pre-production & early bios boards show them to be close to nForce2 performance with only single channel memory. Here's a link to a review of an Epox board on hexus.net: http://www.hexus.net/review.php?review=581

Back