• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fsb or multiplier increase to have better performance???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tekkism

Registered
I got an epox 8rda+. So far, i have crystal orb on nb and epox heatsink on sb and lapped slk-800a w/ tt smartfan ii on the cpu. My previous o/c was 18.0 x 133mhz @ 2.41ghz (1.8v). Now, I was wondering if i do 14.0 x 170mhz @ 2.39mhz (1.8v), would that make a difference in my performance? Does increase in fsb help your stability? any help would be great.

FSB by far.. it overclocks everything except pci/agp bus(which you don't want overclocked) on nForce2, espeacialy memory. Multi just overclocks the CPU. Put your memory at 100% and find your highest FSB then up the multi to get as close as you can to your max cpu speed.

okay, mine right now is at 13.5 x 177 and its at 2.39ghz. I changed those speeds and put my vdimm to 2.77v, is that okay? I have a antec trupower 480w so it should hold. Also, wat should i set my cpu interface and memory timing at? Optimal or Aggressive? both are at aggressive rite now though

I put it on aggressive but i dont think it matters. I would put your ram on 2.9 volts unless you are scared and have a very hot case temp. Put your multiplier on 9 and ram at 100% timings at 7-3-3-2.5 then see how high you can get your FSB.. Then once you reach your stable limit try to lower each timing as much as you can starting with 2.5 to 2.0. Once you get the best FSB/timings then you can start rasing the multiplier to get the highest cpu speed stable with that FSB.You should be able to get your FSB way higher than 177 and increase performance by a very large amount.

woah, i set my fsb to 200mhz x 12.0 multi. and ram settings like u said...while i was playin CS b4, everything went haywire. my screen looked like it was cut up into large black lines. then i rebooted, and it appeared everywhere, even in the BIOS and DOS... and my 9500 is only o/c to 340/310 after i tried fixing this problem. like my screen had massive black columns eveywhere. well, i managed to fix it by taking out the vid card putting my backup vid card and unistallling the drivers and redoing everything. you kno wat could have happened?

Make sure you set the AGP speed on 66mhz.. i think that might have been the problem the problem. I would start at 9x190 if i was you.

I have THE SAME setup as tekk cuz we built PCs together. However, my windows wont boot past 166fsb. Why may this be?

Not sure if the 8rda+ has jumpers for fsb but if it's anything like the rga+ then you may have the jumper set for 100/133.

okay, after vdd modding to 1.82v, here's my present specs...no mosfet ramsinks yet though...

205mhz x 12 = 2.460ghz
memory at 7-3-3-2.5
vcore= 1.85
vdimm - 2.77
took jclk jumper off. and no fan on cpu header...

however i can't get past this settings, even w/ vdimm to 2.9v. windows wont start up. i usually get a windows blue screen or a windows blue screen that saids the problem w/ acpi.sys at startup. i want to get like 210mhz x 11.5 but it just wont work. what should i do?

What kind of cooling are you using. I would really recommend you cool the mosfets and the chip by them using the vdd mod and a vcore at 1.85. Make sure the NB is cooled very well as it gets super hot and i wouild cool the sb.

crystal orb on nb w/ ac3, epox heatsink on sb, the slk800 on the cpu, and antec truepower 480 psu, thats it though

Maybe the board is crapping out.. try it with 9 multi and 1.5 or whatever vcore.

Back