• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XMS in nf7-s R2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My 3200-C2 won't do 200MHz, but I am RMAing it with newegg (what a GREAT experience with newegg!). But, don't judge by me, I haven't seen many others in my same situation... and I've been looking to see if there is a broad problem.

I got the twin xms 3200 from newegg... Corsair rocks dude.... 221MHz fsb... timings 2-2-2-2-6

I didn't see the twin 3500 at newegg at the time of my order, but alas... everthing changes the moment you make your purchase!

;)

i plan on going with PC3700. i found the twinx512 for 169 the other day. it went up to 171 last i checked. still a good deal for what you get. this is at googlegear btw.

thanks for the replies. i knew XMS was good i've just heard the certain boards, i think it was the 8rda, don't like it and it'd be better to go with kingston hyperX

Hyper-X has issues with the latest version of the nForce2 chipset used on board like the NF7(-S) v2.0 and the Asus A7N8X (Deluxe) v2.0.

Too bad, Hyper-X is really cheap !

Last edited:
Corsair xms PC3200 should work good with nForce2 and the price is still reasonable. Once you get into 3500 and 3700, the prices skyrocket.

I'm considering the following 512MB sticks to be used on the NF7-S. My goal is to get to fsb 220 or better with the best CAS latency setting, using the least voltage possible:

1. Twinmos/Winbond for $98 at MemoryX
2. Corsair CMX512-3200C2PT for $112 at newegg
3. Corsair CMX512-3200LL for $150 at newegg

Which one do people recommend?

If you want the best cas settings go with the LL... the LL stands for low latency ;) You would have the best chance of getting the high fsb combined with the best cas settings

UPDATE - I got my RMA from newegg (replaced v2.2 with v1.1) and am now stable (memtest and prime) at 211 with 6-3-3-2 and 2.7 volts. I just had a bad stick. I am going to try higher in the fall when the temps in Sacramento drop below the high 90's. :mad:

XMS3200-c2pt works great! Although, I agree with getting the LL memory for better timings and more headroom. Just consider the price/performance you want. You can almost always pay more for better performance, but it's up to the person spending the cash to determine how much to spend for diminishing returns on the extra $$. Most people using nForce boards aren't getting much more than 220-230 without more extreme measures. Let me put it this way, would you rather spend ~$40 more for the memory for ~15MHz, or on a DLT3C CPU (vs DUT3C) that can get 300Mhz more CPU speed... food for thought.

My $0.02 is that whatever you buy, make sure you have a good RMA process available. Newegg went beyond the call of duty for me; I have heard that Corsair's direct RMA process is very good as well. For ME, that is the best piece of mind.

Over at SVC you can get the XP1700 Tbred DLT3C with 0319 dates for less than $60. Guys are even using these in the MSI K7D Master L duallie and getting 2.5 after either a socket wire trick or blowing the an L3 bridge for the 15x or 16x multipliers.

If they can do that in a duallie, imagine how the nForce2 boards will do.

Back