• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7NX8 Deulxe Driver CD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wildfire

What do you get on the driver CD, as I have moved house and lost it, and now need to format my hard drive. I can't seem to find drivers on the Asus site so if anybody could point in in the right direction I would be much obliged.

Also how annoying is the PCB revision thing for DDR 400. I only have 1.04 revision I think. I know it's not DDR 400 capable though:(

Cheers guys.

The Asus USA mirror seems to be offline at the moment. But here is an alternative address that will work.
http://www.asus.it/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A7N8X Deluxe
You will need the Nforce2 all-in-one driver, the usb2.0 driver, the 3com network adapter driver and the Silicon Image SATA raid driver. I believe the CD also comes with PC-Probe monitoring software, which you can also download from Asus. There may be some other software, like a software DVD player, but I ddn't install all that stuff so I can't say for sure.
If you are unsure of your board revision, you can look on the board itself between two of the PCI slots where it says A7N8X DELUXE, the revision number follows that text.
With a bios update, all A7N8X boards regardless of revision can support 200 FSB CPUs and 400 MHz DDR memory. The earlier revisions may not be able to reach the same frequencies over 200 that the Rev. 2 too boards can hit, tho. Here's an explanation...
http://www.asus.it/support/faq/qanda.aspx?KB_ID=84470

Wildfire all a7n8x are ddr 400 capable, most overclockers have 1-2 sticks of pc3200(some with even pc3500) in their machines...

perhaps you're thinking that the rev 1.0x doesn't support 400fsb cpus? well with bios 1004 THEY DO support 400fsb cpus such as the 3200+....

Thanks Guys.

I just heard that the A7N8X didn't support 400mhz. Been off the net for a while due to the change in jobs. I'll chheck my revision tonight.

Back