• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would be good choise with NF7-S V2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC+Turbo

Registered
Hi guys i need help well looking @ the NF7-S V2.0 and want to know what memory is good to use with it and what cooler most importantly i need help on the cooler here is my listings of which is better to use.

Thermalright SLK-800 with the socket clip
Swifttech MCX462+
Alpha PAL 8045

some other ones i am not remebering right now but if u guys got any other advise let me i would be were thankfull for it.

By the way i gonna use the 1700+ to o/c and i also need to know what fan is good.

THX alot for your time!!!!;)

Why not get an slk-900u or 800u ?

As far as memory I am partial to Mushkin, but have had good luck with Kingston , Crucial and Corsair.

i would get the slk-800 with the socket clip things because i hate having to do all the weird standoff crap on my slk-900u. i've looked at a lot of temps and i haven't really seen any difference between slk800 and slk900.

for memory, i would go with corsair.. not many people have had problems with it, and so far mine has given me no problems. if you want to overclock your best choice would probably be xms2700 and up. i see a lot of people who like kingston too, but i dont know anything about that.

Corsair xms pc3200 or higher. Why settle for anything less when you have over 200MHz fsb with this board?

Don't use the socket clips. That slk800 is just too heavy. The slk800u or slk900u will fit and won't put stress on the plastic socket tabs. Once it's in you won't need to change it again unless you swap out the CPU someday.

I have a question what would be good to get like cooler with the socket clip but a good cooler cause i had a bad experiance with the hole mounting coolers.

OC+Turbo said:
I have a question what would be good to get like cooler with the socket clip but a good cooler cause i had a bad experiance with the hole mounting coolers.

What happened?

Same mobo that you have now?

Budget ram solution: TwinMOS PC3200 w/ Winbond CH5 (or BH5) chips. On my 2 x 256MB sticks I've hit 225FSB CAS2. That's with barely over default voltage, as my NF7 undervolts.. I haven't tested their limits, but I'd highly recommend them.

Back