• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer refrigerator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matrixzen

How can you make your inside computer case like a refrigerator. I think this would be cool. I dunno about condensation though.

To prevent condensation you would have to have a sealed case. Closed air inside of the case. Pretty much a custom job.

Ive seen someone do the closed case for a different reason, to prevent all condensation for his TEC and water chilled parts.

What you could do is custom build a case that was airtight for all your pc components. Run dongles for your connectors to the outside. Then what you could do is rip apart an old air conditioner or fridge or DIY some sort of phase change system. Wouldnt have to be large. The evaporator would preferably be a finned unit similar to a condensor. You would run your evap with a fan inside of the case, then have the condensor, compressor and all other parts outside of the case: removing heat from case to outside air.

So... Emphasis on AIR TIGHT = No condensation = refridgerated case air.

search "project 4c" I think youll find what you are looking for:)

the HDD,CD-ROM,AND PSU shoud be out side the case. Try cooler its inslated alredy. Rap a heater around the evaprater and put a drain under it in that way you can melt the ice on evaprater.
ps The heater will work only as deicer when the computer is not on

yoshi on the sreensavers was challanged to take a small wet bar type fridge and turn it into a working computer case. I don't know if he has started on it or not.

I recently put the computer in my sig into a fridge. (That's how I destroyed my Ti4200 :D) The temps are NOT all that great. 28C system temp, 50C CPU. Mind you, I have a Palomino that never runs lower than 55C or so anyways...

Are you using the temps on your bios for thos temps CamH? Because if you are really running coolant their should be no way that those temps are that high. I think that perhaps your mobo temps might be off....I was easily able to get my 2100 palomino about 7 months ago down in the 40's at full load with air cooling etc.

CamH said:
I recently put the computer in my sig into a fridge. (That's how I destroyed my Ti4200 :D) The temps are NOT all that great. 28C system temp, 50C CPU. Mind you, I have a Palomino that never runs lower than 55C or so anyways...
First you must remove all the condensation before start it up:)

Back