• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I flash BIOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sterculus

I just got an 8RDA+ from newegg. Would it be worth it to flash to whatever is the most recent BIOS from epox? My board is rev. 1.1 by the way, I'm not sure about the current BIOS version, but I'm sure it's one of the early ones.

i would flash just for the minor fixes that they give if they have revised it then there must be a reason

I would definetly flash to the latest BIOS...for one main reason...the newer versions do not get corrupted as easy as the older versions...

Is the windows magic flash thing ok to use? I don't have a floppy drive in that comp and ripping one out of another is a pain.

its ok...I personally never use it...don't trust any M$ OS enough...always a chance of windows errroring out when it is flashing the BIOS...but if that is all you have...use it...

well, magic flash crashed while flashing the bios :eek:. Apparently it crashed before it actually tried to flash though, so no harm done. I ripped a floppy drive out of another comp and flashed using that.

Just be glad it flashed before and not during ;)...and sorry for not mentioning this before...but you should never flash the BIOS when OCed on a NF2 board...just incase you didn't know...

Geez.. that's close. I would never trust that thing. I use drdos from bootdisk.com.

o and a floppy isnt required as i have found save the file directly in any drive and act as if it were a floppy giving the certain pathways [C:\Bios.___] and you can also save the current bios onto the c also within dos

Back