• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

in need of help please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ashenfang

The Jet Man!
Okay, i have no idea what the problem is, whether its cooling, hard drive, video card. SO i thought I would post here since everyone here seems to be pretty smart.

This seems to be all very sudden. I boot up the computer, win xp pro, and when it gets to the log in screen there is nothing there, so i move the cursor around, and see it change to a flashing cursor indicating I can type something. So i put in my password, press enter and I am greeted to this:

http://home.insightbb.com/~campbellmb/DSC00096.JPG
http://home.insightbb.com/~campbellmb/DSC00097.JPG

WTF?! Running in 4 bit mode, with no drivers, so i go online get the updated drivers, reinstall. Seems to be normal now, but I still get that dissapearing log in box when I boot up windows.

Here are the next two problems. Its almost like the harddrive forgets to stay spinning or something. Even the smallest tasks, like opening IE explorer, or just uploading a small file seemt o hang up the hole system for a few seconds, say about 5-15 seconds. Then all of the sudden the hard drive light will come on and make a spin up sound and the screen will quickly go through everything it was behind on, like if i clicked the start button when it was hanging. And it will keep doing this. Also when it does this, my monitor does that thing like when you change resolutions. Shuts off, makes click noise, comes back on. but doesn't really change anything. It will do this, right after the system hangs for those few seconds. If i play a game or whatever, and finish by closing it out, it will do it, but usually i have to restart the computer because it hangs up, won't go back to windows and the screen is all got funny colors and such on it.

I just dont' really know where to begin. I don't think its my vid card because after putting in the drivers it seems ok, then again it doesn't.

What do you think?
OS
Vid card
Hard drive

Thanks and any help is appreciated.

you checked to make sure everything is connected properly? is that volcano 9 making the 4200 come out of the agp slot?

Are you and AOL user? If not it looks like you have all knids of tsr crap loading at bootup. Try deleting some of them from the startup directory.

i had a fic mobo. the agp slot was bad on it did the same thing as yours take a look at your vcard is in all the way

Back