• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

issues with NF7-S's sound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlin453

Playing songs and movies everything is fine, but when I play Counterstrike, the sound is too...crisp or high pitched? It sounds horrible. I tried putting a heatsink on the SB, but it didn't help. I think i have the latest drivers too. Any suggestions?

check the software eq and see what settings it has one it...my 8rda+'s...I had to disable the eq for some games becaseu no matter what...it would go to a preset eq setting...

Have you checked out all the sound controls with that onboard chip?

You can get all kinds of sound effects including reverb and echoes. EQ is just the beginning.

Audioaficionado said:
Have you checked out all the sound controls with that onboard chip?
You can get all kinds of sound effects including reverb and echoes. EQ is just the beginning.

Those should be turned off by default...but true about checking them out...on the eq...if it defaults back to the game setting...those will be enabled...

...I honestly wouldn't know what to check for :D

But ok, note to self: disable EQ....

OK, two options in cs. Enable A3D and EAX hardware support?

When my soundstorm works it is great compared to my old SBLive value but when gaming or on the net it will turn on mute. It will cycle on and off with no apparent cause or frequency. This is most frustrating and I have no idea what is causing it. My only PCI card is a modem and I am using a ATI 7500 Radeon. FSB is set to 200X10 ( 2400+ B stepping), Memory (Muskin Black 3200 Cas2) set to auto. An thoughts?

The problems I had seemed to be fixed. Not sure if it was the options in CS or the heatsink settling in, but everything is groovy now :D

Is your SB hot? While playing music and playing CS, my SB was EXTREMELY hot. I followed the advice of some of the people here who had the problem and put on a heatsink. Not sure if that's the problem though

Back