• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Drivers and bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chaos Snake

Ok got my NF7-S up and running, but I was wondering what the best bios and nForce drivers to run were? I also heard about the SATA that came on my disk were not up to snuff what are the best drivers for that also? Thanks.

Rule of thumb.... if the current bios update that you have works for you, don't update to the next version until you've made certain that it will do 2 things...

1) Fix what ever was cause you system to hang/crash/corrupt/unstable oc...

2) improve your system performce without causing your system to become unstable...

everyone has their own opinions but these to are to live for, towit,
READ THE OCFORUMS ! ! ! !

RedDawg41 said:
Rule of thumb.... if the current bios update that you have works for you, don't update to the next version until you've made certain that it will do 2 things...

1) Fix what ever was cause you system to hang/crash/corrupt/unstable oc...

2) improve your system performce without causing your system to become unstable...

everyone has their own opinions but these to are to live for, towit,
READ THE OCFORUMS ! ! ! !

Spoken with the authority of hard earned experience and very good advice to heed.

Well I'm a little hard headed, so don't mind me... :rolleyes:

BTW, I realised yesterday that my computer is finally stable at 2.1 GHz 1.7v (I tested for over 7h in Prime95) ! Is it the new bios ? :D

Could be. I'm still using 1.4 and have been stable 1.55v/200/2100 even through a hot spell. I hit 55c while fully loaded with gromacs FAH core and didn't lock up or error out. Maybe everything is burning in and getting more stable.

What new BIOS settings did 1.6 give you over 1.4?

Back