• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Nforce 2 Board for OCing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suma

Hey,
my 8rda+ is disappointing me
can't go more then 205-210 (sync)
i thought of selling it and getting a newer board.

which one do u recommend?

Thanks,
Suma.

Thats one problem...are you using the passive HS that came on it?

And becareful about VDD modding the 8RDA+...if you use the SMD grabbers...make sure they are securely fitted (had the positive side pop off and fry the MB on one 8RDA+ and a bad solder job on another)...

With the NF7 non or S...it has a VDD voltage option in the BIOS...no worring about the VDD mod or destroying the board from a bad mod...

Mine should be here buy wed this week. I have 2 chip's to play with and 3 sticks of ram to toy with I'am looking for 220 DC and about 2.2 - 2.4. Well post result's later this week.

yep. i have to run 5,3,3,2.5 to do it - but its totally stable at 2.7volts. i tried pushing it further and it works, but my memory bandwidth doesnt get any better so its just not worth it. 191 is the sweet spot for this ram, and 2.7gig of bandwidth is good enough for me (for now........)

Back