• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7v8x-x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slvrathlon

Registered
Well I just got my products from newegg and I must say they sure did ship the stuff here fast.
Well I have been building systems for quite sometime now and I have never had this issue with any type of board.
Running a 2500+ Barton, A FX5200 Nvidia card and a single stick of 512mb DDR PC2700.

All the board does is beep at me. Nothing more, nothing less. THe power LED on the motherboard lights up green which is a good thing, but it all it does is fricking beep at me. Not a solid tone but a Beep then off Then beep then off then Beep, etc.

I have tried reseating the CPU making sure that was ok, reseating the RAM that was ok and reseating the Video card many times that was ok.
I also tried different memory out of another system that works, nothing. Tried a different card, nothing.

I think this is a DOA! FckgW!

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Well I just tossed in another CPU from my other machine that works just fine... And well still beeping!

I have now tested everything I can think of. The board is the issue.
I see no other thing wrong?

:( Oh well I guess RMA time. :(

It could be a DOA. But i would try taking the cpu, ram and video card out, and then boot it up and see if it beeps. Also i don't know if you have the deluxe model, but the deluxe has the voice reporter if you plug in some headphones.

Yeah thanks guys for the advice. I did check the jumpers as a step in what was stated above I just didn't mention it. :)

I didn't try taking everything out and see if it boots but I tried EVERYTHING else that I can think of. Too bad the "Moment of Truth" failed on me this time.
:(

Thanks again.

Back