• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Fan setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XaserFan

I have recently bought a new Thermaltake Xaser3 V1000a Black case which comes with 7 case fans all 80mm Two lower Front air intakes one exhaust at the top two rear exhaust and two side panel exhaust. These stupid orange fans that came with the case I replaced with 7 LED Antec fans each operating as such
Fan Speed 2,600 rpm (avg.)
Volumetric Airflow 34 CFM
I have the front two as air intakes the Top one as Exhaust the two in the rear as exhaust and the two on the side exhaust. I also have a Power Supply with an interal lower 60mm air intake fan and 80 rear exhaust fan. This is getting confusing maybe i hope not. I put an 80 mm FAN, Fan Speed 2,600 rpm (avg.)
Volumetric Airflow 34 CFM on top of an MCX462+ Swiftnet Heatsink I think thats the number. I want to know if my fan set up is ok and if the low rpm and 34CFM on my CPU which will be a P4 2.4C all be enough for adequate cooling and maybe room for OCing?
ANother question Ive been pondering in my head is to whether or not have the 80mm fan on top of my heatsink suck air on to the fins or take air away from the fan.
If air is sucked in it gets rid of the air inbetween the fins, if it sucks air out then the fan draws the heat coming off the heatsink into the case. SO mind boggling for me help me out

Welcome to the forums :D

You might want to read this thread. It deals with the IEEE 1394 Firewire port on top. I have an Enermax case that uses the same OEM case as Thermaltake w/o the goofy front :p.

Those orange fans are the Tt Smart Fans II. They have thermal sensors to adjust speed and probably one of the best fans out there. Check out this thread. I just ordered 5 of them for $45.

You might want to try the side fans as intake to blow cooler air onto the motherboard and video card.

Most hsf's work better when you blow air on to it rather than try to pull air away from it. There's been a few discussions on this and the general consensus was to blow air on to the hsf. 34 cfm should be plenty for a hsf.

-Bobby

Thx for the reply it was boggline my mind lol. So all this talk about TT SF 2 fans are what my case comes with which would be 7 of them?? Hmm they were orange and looked like normal 80mm fans didnt think they were special lol anyone lives near me ill give them my extra.

Back