• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Altered version of PROBE available?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eobard

Give me a break Senior
Anyone know if a hacked version of ANUS PROBE exists that allows you to force an altered result of the core temperature reading? I have PROBE running on my system but I can't really test the "CPU Cooling" portion of the program. The minimum temp the cooling function can be set to is 57°c. I want to test the cooling part of the program to verify that it will kick in if needed but I don't want to actually heat my chip up that high to test it. So what I'm hoping is that one of you know where I can get a version that's been altered to report a temp as being say... 20°c higher than it really is. I know that PROBE often give results that are 10°c higher that actuality but it doesn't do that for mine. So if anyone can point me in the direction of such a version (if one exists) that will let me test the cooling function at a real temp of only 37°c I'd appreciate it.

Btw: Don't bother recommending MBM to me, I used it before, it gave me insane readings (something like -2,000,000,000°c motherboard, +500,000°c core) and after deleting it and going back to PROBE I was still getting those screwy results from PROBE until I reset the CMOS several times. I won't touch MBM again!

Back