• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what can i expect?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eightywpm

Registered
i've seen numerous post in this forum of xp 2100 reaching 2 ghz mark. My question is.. I have an slk-800 u coming in with tornado fan and i'm also looking at a pair of pc 3200 sticks of memory, considering that i'm running an asus a7n8x dlx v2.0 am i too able to get 2 ghz with this setup? Will the hs/fan combo allow me to do this? Meaning am i actually doing the right thing in replacing my stock hs/fan because i can't even past the 133 mhz fsb with it.

if it's an tbred b 2100 you should expect to get around at least 2200 and over.. 2 ghz is a pretty low expectation with the 2100s hehhe

so what you're saying is that i am able to do this with these parts alone? (slk800 hs/pc3200 memory) and is it just a bios tweek?

Quite easily :D

I suggest that you download and utilise a program called MBM 5. http://mbm.livewiredev.com/ There is the address.

This program uses almost no CPU power, but keeps track of the temperatures in your system, whilst your computer is running in windows.

A good piece of advice is to try your best to stay under 50c whilst under load - don't worry if your CPU is at 52c whilst under load... the upper limit is about 70c, but if you're overclocking, try and keep it under 50c

Blueacid

Well, is that a palomino or a t-bred? If you're not sure, look at the processor. If the shiny, metalic looking silicon core is almost square and has stepping info on it, then it's a palomino. If it's rectangular and the stepping info is on a black sticker, then it's a tbred B. (They didn't make 2100 tbred A's.)

Even if it's a palomino, you still have a shot at 2ghz, though not a very good one. A t-bred b has a good shot at 2.1ghz... or more.

i have come to the conclusion that it IS a palimino =T
so what options do i have now? will i notice a huge performance gain stepping up to a barton series? if so i'll probably buy one

2100 pali might get to 2G...but don't hold your breath too much since the Asus will limit you on the core voltage that is usally take to get up to 2G on a 2100 Pali...

eightywpm said:
i have come to the conclusion that it IS a palimino =T
so what options do i have now? will i notice a huge performance gain stepping up to a barton series? if so i'll probably buy one

You will notice a big difference between the Pali and barton...especially if you are a gamer or do any type of multimedia programs

Back