• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

interesting!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolfeinstein

Disabled
iam oc'ing my 1700 B core 319 iam at 200x10.5 2100 ghz stock v-core 1.500 iam running prime.
what is inrteresting when im running prime my temp is about load 34c diode but when i play games while prime is running my temp goes down 2-3 degrees why? shouldn't it go up, is this normal?

This is because Prime 95 makes use of NO special instruction sets, such as MMX, 3DNow, SSE etc etc etc

Those instruction sets (and their counterparts such as SSE2, MMX+ and more) were designed to do the work of several standard instructions in one - making the processor complete more work per clock 'tick'

As a result, the processor doesn't heat up as much per 'lump' of data to process, for the game, since it completes the work with one clock tick rather than about five clock ticks.

I was probably wrong there, and confusing, so sorry about that!

Blueacid

Back