• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Solved long IDE-detection on A7N8x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raniz

Registered
I had an issue with the detection of my IDE-drives... it took 40 odd seconds to complete :(
Don't know if anyone else have had these problems... I've had 'em since I upgraded from an A7V8x to my A7N8x, and I've had the IDE-cables configured

But I rearranged my IDE-cables a bit (I have 90cm long round cables), and put the IDE-connector at the long end in the Motherboard, the middle connector in the Master drive and the connector at the short end in the Slave...

This solved my problem, my comp now detecets all my drives in a second :)

Something else that effect the IDE detection...having a CD in the CD-Rom...even if the BIOS is not setup to boot from the CD-Rom first...it will still add another 15 to 30 seconds on IDE Detection..

doesnt on mine. the detection time is the same for me. though if there is a cd in the drive it will wait about 2 1/2 to 3 seconds for you to press a key to boot from the cd. Nowhere near 30seconds though

Originally posted by glock19owner Something else that effect the IDE detection...having a CD in the CD-Rom...even if the BIOS is not setup to boot from the CD-Rom first...it will still add another 15 to 30 seconds on IDE Detection...

Back